CPF FUNDED GRANT DETAILS
Grant Title: Community Pharmacist Integration into Contingency Management and Education for Opioid Exposed Patients
Grants Awarded Number
Grant Complete, 2020
Dragatsi & Co.
Medication Management, Safety & Quality
Opioid Weaning, Contingency Management
Click to read more
- To support and promote community pharmacist integration into contingency management and education for opioid exposed patients where taper is included in treatment goals.
- To promote, encourage and facilitate healthcare consumer access to pharmacists to consult and provide options based on medication interaction review, OTC recommendations for managing pain and cravings, appropriate choice of supplements, and dietary/snack options readily available in the community pharmacy.
- To educate community pharmacists, other pharmacists and pharmacy students regarding OTC contingency management principles and interventions while engaging in opioid taper.
- To support community, FQHC, ACO and embedded primary care pharmacists and associated providers with a working toolkit to act as a reference for them and for customers who are prescribed opioids. The toolkit includes printed bag stuffers (educational leaflets), educational wall calendars, and specific evidence-based OTC interventions to use in the patient’s contingency management context.
- To promote consistent, stigma-free messaging between the Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) team and the community pharmacy team that dispenses buprenorphine prescriptions, thereby also promoting perceived integrity and positive experience by the customer in their journey to recovery.
- To minimize necessity of repeat post-surgical or post-procedure opioid prescriptions in the community setting using evidence-based OTC multimodal adjunctive therapy.
Dragatsi & Co.
PharmD BCPS BCPP
Harris Drug Store